Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Displaying Artwork With A Cereal Box

Hey Everybody,

I have a super-fast and easy tutorial to show you today.

Our local art society displays our paintings in the businesses around town on a rotational basis. Hanging very small pieces can be challenging, because we don't want to mess up the walls with nails any more than we have to. My latest series is comprised of twelve canvasses ranging from 6"X 6" to 8"X 8", so I have been trying to figure out a way to hang them in each of their groups on only one nail. A fellow artist in the club came up with this idea (Thanks Carol!), and I thought I would share it with you.

What's that? Of course you use a cereal box!





A plastic margarine lid works too!

I used my staple gun, a cereal box, and scissors.


I cut two rectangles from the box, and connected the canvasses by 
stapling them to the wood frames at the back. 

Done!


How quick and easy was that?
You could use this technique at home too, and if 
you want something sturdier, use paint sticks!

Have a great day!

Val










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...